Technical maturity and a high degree of reliability make INNIO’s Jenbacher Type 3 gas engines a leader in their range.
Long service intervals, a maintenance-friendly engine design, and low fuel consumption ensure maximum efficiency, while enhanced components prolong service life—even when employing non-pipeline gases such as landfill gas.
Jenbacher Type 3 engines offer proven savings on service and fuel consumption, offering customers excellent efficiency.
- Two-stage mixture cooling enables high flexibility
- Turbocharger bypass evens out extreme operating conditions
- LEANOX* lean burn control ensures minimal emissions
A range of applicable gas types increases efficiency levels and reduces industrial emissions. Gas types include:
- natural gas
- associated petroleum gas (flare gas)
- sewage gas
- landfill gas
- coal mine gas
- Other special gases (e.g., coke, wood, and pyrolysis gases)
The world-renowned Type 3 claims more than 220 million operating hours of experience, with over 8,000 engines delivered since 1988.
Its high degree of availability—up to 98%—and its longer service intervals mean the Type 3 is as reliable as it is durable.
The flexibility to do more
The Type 3 is fuel-flexible and solution-flexible—it can be installed in a container, as part of a generator set, or even a CHP setup.